Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +38515535147
Academic and Scientific Degrees
- Since 2014. PhD candidate. Postgraduate doctoral course of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb. Title: Infrastructural projects and socio-cultural construction of space in Gorski kotar.
- 2010. M.A. in Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and Portuguese Language and Literature. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb.
- 2008. B.A. in Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and Portuguese Language and Literature. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb.
- Since 2013. Professional Associate in Science for International Projects. Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2011 – 2013. Professional Associate in Director’s Office. Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2009 – 2011. Portuguese teacher in school of languages Studentski Centar, Zagreb.
Organizational Skills and Competences
- Secretary and member of organizing committees of international scientific conferences:
- IUAES Congress 2020: Coming of Age on Earth: Legacies and Next Generation Anthropology, October 2020, Šibenik.
- 15th International Congress on Auxology: Growth and Health – A Life Course Perspective (International Society for the Study of Human Growth and Clinical Auxology), May 2020, Šibenik.
- 22nd Meeting of Paleopathological Association (PPA), August 2018, Zagreb.
- 44th School of Biological Anthropology: Diseases and Health in Pas Populations: Global Trends and Perspectives, August 2018, Zagreb.
- IUAES Inter-Congress 2016: World anthropologies and privatization of knowledge – enganging anthropology in public, May 2016, Dubrovnik.
- 4th symposium Anatomy of islands: Responsible Tourism on the Islands: Towards a Synergy of Tourism and Year-Round Life on the Islands, September 2015, Vis.
- 35th Anthropology and Health: The convergence of anthropological subfields in research on health and illness: cultural, biological, archaeological, and linguistic factors, August 2014, Dubrovnik.
- 40th School of Biological Anthropology: Interactions between archaic and modern humans, June 2014, Zagreb.
- 3rd LINEE + Conference: Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in Space and Time, April 2014, Dubrovnik.
- 34th Anthropology and Health: Anthropology and Personalised Medicine: Impacting the Future of Comprehensive Healthcare, September 2013, Dubrovnik.
- 39th School of Biological Anthropology: Anthropology of Adolescence, May 2013, Zagreb.
- 33rd Anthropology and Health: Anthropology of Transition and Tradition, September 2012, Hvar.
- 38th School of Biological Anthropology: Current Research on Palaeolithic in Southern and Central Europe, June 2011, Zagreb.
- Archaic hominin genetics meeting, September 2011, Opatija (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany)
List of publications – link
Research interests: interaction population – built environment, infrastructures (dams, roads, railways), anthropology of space and place, place-making
Positions in committees, boards and working groups
- Since 2016. Member of Ethical Committee of the Institute for Anthropological Research
- 2014 – 2019. Working group (Finance) and Management Committee member of COST TN 1302 The Voice of Research Administrators – Building a Network of Administrative Excellence (BESTPRAC)
- Since 2014. Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) for Institute for Anthropological Research
- Training School: How to support successful grant proposals in Horizon Europe: from Crosscutting Issues to Grant Writing, July 2019, Zagreb.
- Training School: How to manage key financial tasks for FP7 and H2020 European research and innovation projects: Finance for Beginners, April 2016, Verona, Italy.
- Training School: Engaging Stakeholders throughout the Project Lifecycle – Personal Communication Skills for European Research Administrators, June 2015, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Training School: Understanding the EC Grant and Consortium Agreement – legal affairs for nonlegals, October, 2014. Warsaw, Poland.
- Croatian Ethnological Society
- International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences (IUAES)