4 – 9 May 2016, Hotel Palace, Dubrovnik, Croatia
IUAES Inter Congress was held in Hotel Palace, Dubrovnik, in organization of Institute for Anthropological Research, Croatian Anthropological Society, Association Kula, Department of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology of the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, and LINEE Network. Honorary President of the Congres was Pavao Rudan, President Saša Missoni, General Secretary Miran Čoklo and Secretary Morana Jarec.
There were 135 panels in the following tracks:
- World anthropologies: peripheries strike back
- Privatization of knowledge, technologies, and nature
- Engagement and practice: publicizing and using anthropology/Bringing anthropology to the people: how can science contribute to everyday lives
- Varieties reconsidered: biocultural challenges for anthropology
- Anthropological responsibilities
- Managing cultural and linguistic diversity and social inequality
- Human genetics – costs and benefits
- Human evolution: past, present and future
- Anthropological knowledge and environmental challenges
- Improving health, well-being and quality of life
Four plenary sessions were held with invited speakers: Noel Cameron, Dragan Primorac, Rosana Pinheiro Machado and IUAES plenary: Futures of anthropology – critical challenges opportunities. There were also a roundtable in organization of IUAES and WCAA entitled Anthropological fieldwork and risk in a violent world, special session entitled Strategic alliance between IUAES and WCAA, ethnographic film session and poster session.
Before the IUAES Inter-Congress, a biennal meeting of World Council of Anthropological Associations (WCAA) was organized and WCAA also held a panel Global Survey of Anthropological Practice in the IUAES Inter-Congress.
Program – IUAES Inter Congress 2016
Book of abstracts – IUAES Inter Congress 2016