Contact: email@example.com, +38515535147
Academic and Scientific Degrees
- 2021. PhD in scientific area of Humanities, scientific field of Ethnlogy and Anthropology. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb. Doctoral thesis Infrastructural projects and socio-cultural construction of space in Gorski kotar, graded with magna cum laude.
- 2010. M.A. in Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and Portuguese Language and Literature. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb.
- 2008. B.A. in Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and Portuguese Language and Literature. Faculty of Social Sciencies and Humanities, University of Zagreb.
- Since 2020. Senior Professional Associate in Science. Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2013 – 2020. Professional Associate in Science for International Projects. Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2011 – 2013. Professional Associate in Director’s Office. Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2009 – 2011. Portuguese teacher in school of languages Studentski Centar, Zagreb.
- 2021 – 2025. Member of Working Group 5 Transformation of Environment. COST Action Slow Memory: Transformative Practices for Times of Uneven and Accelerating Change.
- 2020 – 2024. Grant manager. COST Action Integrating Neandertal Legacy – From Past to Present.
- 2017 – 2019. Administrator for partner institution. Smart Integration of Genetics with Sciences of the Past in Croatia: Minding and Mending the Gap (MendTheGap), Horizon 2020.
- 2015. Participation in installation research project Kohortna studija rođenih na istočnojadranskim otocima (CRIBS), Croatian Science Foundation.
- 2015. Participation in billateral research project Petar Klepac – junak s dvije domovine, Croatia-Slovenia, Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia.
- 2014 – 2019. Member of Working Group 2 Finance. COST Targeted Network The Voice of Research Administrators – Building a Network of Administrative Excellence (BESTPRAC).
- 2014 – 2015. Participation in project of popularisation of Science AntroPOP, Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia.
- 2012 – 2015. Administrator for partner institution and participation in the project Genetic and environmental factors of insulin resistance syndrome and its long term complication in immigrant Mediterranean populations (MEDIGENE), FP7.
- 2012 – 2013. Participation in preparation of the reseach Hrvati u Južnoj Americi, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Croatia.
Organizational Skills and Competences
- Secretary General, Secretary and member of organizing committees of international scientific conferences:
- IUAES Congress 2020: Coming of Age on Earth: Legacies and Next Generation Anthropology, 2021 (online congress).
- 15th International Congress on Auxology: Growth and Health – A Life Course Perspective (International Society for the Study of Human Growth and Clinical Auxology), postponed due to COVID-19 pandemics.
- 22nd Meeting of Paleopathological Association (PPA), August 2018, Zagreb.
- 44th School of Biological Anthropology: Diseases and Health in Pas Populations: Global Trends and Perspectives, August 2018, Zagreb.
- IUAES Inter-Congress 2016: World anthropologies and privatization of knowledge – enganging anthropology in public, May 2016, Dubrovnik.
- 4th symposium Anatomy of islands: Responsible Tourism on the Islands: Towards a Synergy of Tourism and Year-Round Life on the Islands, September 2015, Vis.
- 35th Anthropology and Health: The convergence of anthropological subfields in research on health and illness: cultural, biological, archaeological, and linguistic factors, August 2014, Dubrovnik.
- 40th School of Biological Anthropology: Interactions between archaic and modern humans, June 2014, Zagreb.
- 3rd LINEE + Conference: Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in Space and Time, April 2014, Dubrovnik.
- 34th Anthropology and Health: Anthropology and Personalised Medicine: Impacting the Future of Comprehensive Healthcare, September 2013, Dubrovnik.
- 39th School of Biological Anthropology: Anthropology of Adolescence, May 2013, Zagreb.
- 33rd Anthropology and Health: Anthropology of Transition and Tradition, September 2012, Hvar.
- 38th School of Biological Anthropology: Current Research on Palaeolithic in Southern and Central Europe, June 2011, Zagreb.
- Archaic hominin genetics meeting, September 2011, Opatija (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany)
List of publications – link
Research interests: interaction population/built environment, infrastructure, anthropology of space and place
Positions in committees, boards and working groups
- 2014 – 2019. Management Committee member of COST TN 1302 The Voice of Research Administrators – Building a Network of Administrative Excellence (BESTPRAC).
- Since 2016. Member of Ethical Committee of the Institute for Anthropological Research
- Since 2014. Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) for Institute for Anthropological Research
- Training School: How to support successful grant proposals in Horizon Europe: from Crosscutting Issues to Grant Writing, July 2019, Zagreb.
- Training School: How to manage key financial tasks for FP7 and H2020 European research and innovation projects: Finance for Beginners, April 2016, Verona, Italy.
- Training School: Engaging Stakeholders throughout the Project Lifecycle – Personal Communication Skills for European Research Administrators, June 2015, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Training School: Understanding the EC Grant and Consortium Agreement – legal affairs for nonlegals, October, 2014. Warsaw, Poland.
- Croatian Ethnological Society
- International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences (IUAES)
- 2021, Laura Blažević, University of Zadar, Department of Ethnology and Anthropology, Internship mentor.
- 2019, Sofia Poulia, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of Communication and Media Studies, Greece, Erasmus+ mentor.