Academic and scientific degrees:
- 2005 Ph.D. in Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Sarajevo.
- 2002 M.Sc. in Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Sarajevo.
- 1999 B.A. in Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Sarajevo.
- 2014 Scientific research assistant Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2014 Full time Professor International Burch University and Faculty of Science, University of Sarajevo
- 2012 – 2014 Scientific advisor, INGEB, Sarajevo, BiH.
- 2009 – 2012 Senior scientific (PhD) research assistant, INGEB, Sarajevo, BiH.
- 2005 – 2009 Scientific (PhD) research assistant, INGEB, Sarajevo, BiH.
- 2002 – 2005 Senior research assistant, INGEB, Sarajevo, BiH.
- 2000 – 2002 Research assistant, INGEB, Sarajevo, BiH.
- Since 2005 reviewer for several scientific and professional journals.
- 2012-2013 Minister of education and science, Canton Sarajevo
- 2010, 2011 Consultant for OSCE (Education of Kosovo DNA Forensic experts).
- 2008 – 2013 Consultant, Director of Scientific Research Department, Genos, Zagreb, Croatia.
- 2007 – 2008 Consultant, Scientific assistant, Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb.
- 2006 – 2007 Forensic DNA Expert (category III), European Agency for Reconstruction.
- 2005 – 2007 Consultant, Scientific assistant, Institute “Ruđer Bošković”, Zagreb, Croatia.
- 2004 Court expert in the field of forensic (court-medical) genetic (Courts of BiH).
- 2000 – 2003 DNA Analyst, International commission on missing persons – ICMP, BiH.
- 1999 – 2003 Transport assistant – transport section (OHR).
Selected projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- P.I.: Analysis of Effectiveness of STR DNA Application in Determination of Siblingship among the Descendants of a Single Parental Couple within Isolated Human Population;DNA Analysis of Archaelogical Skeletal Remains from Desilo, Bajovci Site (funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Science of BiH); Creating a Representative DNA Database of Canton Sarajevo – Phase II (funded by Ministry of Science, Education and Youth of Canton Sarajevo); DNA Analysis and C14 Analysis Method of Archaeological Skeletal Remains Dating from Zgošća and Bobovac Sites (funded by ART-SEF); DNA Analysis of Skeletal Remains from Mass Grave, Škofja Loka, Slovenia (funded by Škofja Loka).
- Associate: Molecular-Genetic Characterization of Human, Animal and Plant Resources in BiH – Phase I&II (P.I. Kasim Bajrović, Ministry of Science, Education and Youth of Kanton Sarajevo); DNA Identification of Remains of War Victims in BiH (ICMP); Examination of the Genetic Diversity of Local Human Population in BiH; Forensic DNA Services Establishment at INGEB.
Selected projects in Croatia:
- P.I.: Application of DNA Analysis for Food Tracing within Livestock Breeding and Food Industry (funded by Croatian Institute for Technology); Development of the Archeological Skeletal Remains DNA Analysis System (funded by Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia (no. 309-1300855-2738).
Organizational skills and competencies:
- Coordinator, organizing, program and scientific committee member of 8 workshops and 8 conferences.
Research interests: molecular anthropology, forensic and population genetics
- Since 2004 – Assistant, Assistant Professor, Associated and Fulltime Professor inUniversity of Sarajevo, BiH; AAB University, Pristine, Kosovo; University of Split, University of Osijek Croatia.
Mentorships: Graduate thesis (46), master thesis (17), doctoral dissertations (4).
Memberships in Professional Organizations and Associations:
- International Society of Applied Biological Science (ISABS)
- European Network for Life Sciences Health and the Courts (ENLSC)
- Genetic Association in Bosnia and Herzegovina (GENEBiH)
- Croatian Society for Science and Art, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 2011 Scientist of the Year in Bosnia and Herzegovina („Zlatni pečat“)
List of publications:
- Author’s books (4); Book chapters (8); Journal articles and review articles in CC,WOS,SCOPUS journals (46); Scientific papers in other journals (19); Conference reports (abstracts) in CC journals (9); Abstracts in Book of abstracts (93), cited (May 2014) – WOS 221, SCOPUS 199.